This traditional gate lodge is detached and occupies a secluded position in ancient Caledonian Oak woods on the private estate road, looking across to the Sound of Mull. The Lodge was originally built in 1840 but by 2000 had become a roofless ruin. Now restored, it accommodates up to two people in comfort, with all modern conveniences.
A perfect romantic retreat for couples or hideaway for one, the Lodge is all on one level and as you enter through double storm doors to the left there is a lovely compact open plan living/kitchen/dining area. A wood burning stove (logs provided), flat screen TV (Freesat channels) with DVD and hi-fi system are provided in the cosy living area. The small fitted kitchen with dining area is well equipped and has an electric cooker, microwave, fridge freezer and ample cupboard space. Water is from a private estate-maintained supply and is regularly quality tested by the Highland Council.
To the other side of the entrance door is a comfortable double bedroom with en-suite shower room. There is electric heating and double glazing throughout the Lodge keeping it cosy all year round. All linen, towels and electricity (plus logs for the stove) are included in the price.
Wi-Fi is provided on a limited satellite package and there is good mobile phone signal in the area. Dogs are welcome at a small additional charge per week.
There is private parking just outside and a pretty summer house on the rising ground above The Lodge, with a washing machine and drying area, along with a seating area to relax in and enjoy the wonderful sea vista across the Sound of Mull. Smoking is not allowed in the Lodge.